Sunday, November 30, 2014

I did it! NaNoWriMo Winner!

I am so excited to have achieved this goal.  Those waiting for The Bloodmines will be happy to know that the novel I was working on for it was Bloodmines.  50k words in a month is a lot of words but what I discovered is that I can easily write about 5K words a day if Chemo is not pulling to hard on me.   Now that I know this, I can structure my writing for more.  I have been getting messages like, "write faster" and "scanning for the next book often."   It makes me even more motivated to get this book out.  It is not coming as fast as I would like this time.



 I had taken a break from the series to write Magic Scorned which I had only planned to be a short story.  It turned into a novella.  At the same time, that was when I got my cancer diagnosis so between the two, was behind schedule to get started on book 3 of The Blue Dragon's Geas.

As I look back, I can't really complain.  Since December of last year, I have put out three novel and two children's books.  That is actually pretty good considering it was my first year and I was still learning the ropes of independent publishing.

I have learned a lot this year.  Such as:  I have a homophone disorder when in a creative zone.  I can't proof-read my own work because I hear it as I am reading and so miss errors in punctuation.  I think that is the two big things as far as proofing.  Spell check doesn't catch homophones and independent clauses are the death of my punctuation proofing.

I have learned how to use social media.  How to format a book for kindle and paperback.  How to work with an illustrator.   It really has been a good year and I can't complain.  I am still pushing to have The Bloodmines out by Christmas, but proofing may knock it off track.   If it is not out by Christmas, it will be soon after.

Some things to look forward to in the next book.

 Dragons!  Instead of just dragon memories and dreams, Alador interacts with the dragons first hand.

Sordith's transition to Trench Lord.

Luthian's plans move forward to force the Daezun into submission.

Alador's powers stablize and increase.

The how and whys for all this... well, you will have to read to find out.
Have a great Holiday month!
Cheri




No comments:

Post a Comment