Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Exciting updates at Dragons' Geas

There is a new interview out on Author Shout.   I am posting the link and the introduction to the interview:

What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine or do you have any weird, funny, or unusual habits while writing and what are they?

I have a full time job so writing is rather sporadic for me. I am either in the editing process or the writing process but due to time rarely do both. When writing, I set a minimum word goal of 1000 on work days and 4000 on days off. I usually write in the mornings though have also written during my lunch break at work.

When in edit, I do a chapter a day. I will probably pass over it at least five times with the last two read aloud. Much to my family’s distress, I do this backwards. I do one paragraph at a time in the last two passes but I go backwards pulling the paragraph out from the chapter.

Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?

Yes, I think everyone does now and then. There are several things I have done to break this barrier. I have gone to a writing forum and just participated in the discussion. I have read instead. You HAVE to read to be able to write. It is just the way it is. I have also got out my world notes and just worked on further development.

For the rest of the interview, please visit  Author Shout .




Many of our images are now available. Save your favorite dragons.  More will be coming out soon!

Make Custom Gifts at CafePress

No comments:

Post a Comment