Saturday, July 26, 2014

Delay for Book Three - Explanation



I am afraid there may be a bit of a delay for book three.  Yesterday, I received a diagnosis of cancer.  It is serious enough that I am having surgery on Tuesday and I have no idea how long it will take me to get back to writing after that.  I had promised book three out by the end of the year but I am not sure I will be able to deliver.  It is still my intent and my goal, but health may decide I have to slow it down a bit.  Then again, mandatory time off work, may balance that out. I just don't know.




I had thought to not announce it to everyone but then I realized that only those that are really following my work are going to read this.  It is to you that I own an explanation.  It is to you that I write.

Cancer will not define me.  I will not let it take what I have gained in the last year.  I had already resigned my work as of October 2, 2014 to become a full time writer. I am not going to deviate from that plan.  The Society of Enlightened Dragonologists should be launching within the next two weeks. So many things in motion, I do not have time for Cancer.

I am sending out my gratitude to the following:
1.  My family who are respecting my wishes and supporting me.
2.  Alex, Becky and Heather - my team for Dragons' Geas as they will not let me give up my dream of completing this series.
3.  My readers, who have made it possible to become a full time writer
4.  The world, it truly is a beautiful place when you look past the parasite called man.

I will complete The Blue Dragon's Series no matter what happens.  I give you my pledge.  After all, many of you want to know...
Does Alador ever gain Mesiande?
What side is Henrick really on?
Will Keensight help Alador?
Brother?? WTH?

So many unanswered questions left and I have the answers.  I will make sure they are delivered.

My love and respect to you all,
Cheri Matthynssens
@balanceguide - Your twitter updates

No comments:

Post a Comment