Friday, February 9, 2018

Alador's Journal




I am not sure about writing this journal, but Nemara assures me that all Kings should have a proper reflection of their thoughts as a liege.  I have searched diligently but have been unable to find one written by Luthian's hand.  

I had planned to see Luthian's manor torn down, but I am being pressured to keep it or put a palace in its place.  I do not wish some cold drafty palace built just to prove I am King.  If I am to be a King, I will be known for who I am and not what I display.  Therefore, I will see to keeping Luthian's Manor.  It is in need of a great deal of repair.  Between damages from the battle and the fight that we had in his office, it is not in a state I want Latiera to reside within.

Henrick informed me today that Amaum has finally awaken. He had fallen during the battle.  I was distressed to hear of Pruatra's fall and now I find out that he is blind in one eye.  I cannot help but wonder if my presence in his family's life has not brought about its downfall.  If my thoughts wander to such things, how can his not?  He must blame me for all he has lost.  I asked Henrick of the matter, but he dismissed me with humor.  I think he lied.  I have learned that Henrick uses humor to fall behind when he cannot create a handy lie.

I cannot afford Amaum to be an enemy.  I will go to see him as soon as I can learn his location or barring that, arrange a meeting through Henrick.  I must know the state of these affairs.  

The people remain uneasy at the now frequent appearance of dragons in the sky.  Due to bloodmining, dragons had become infrequent sights in the Grand Isle's skies unless it was at a great distance.  Now, it is not uncommon to see one circling the city lazily.  To be honest, it is like the dang things are appearing simply to take a closer look at the city rather than it being in their flight path.  I begin to wonder if they might now also just enjoy stirring up the city. 

Levielle and I have began taking an assessment of what cities are refusing to submit to my authority as King or even as High Minister.  After the coronation, we will begin the campaign to bring the rest of the isle under one single rule.  If I leave these rogue cities, I cannot be assured that bloodmining will not continue under the legal protection of the nearest Minister. 

On another note, my mother has been quite humorous.  Radney actually sought me out to beg that I remove her from the kitchen before the manor staff quit.  I found the whole situation quite amusing.  I refused, of course, for my mother is happiest in a kitchen.  He is just going to have to figure out how to work around her.  He hasn't mentioned it again and food continues to be served to the table so some truce must have been reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment